Tuesday, November 3, 2009

What Kind of Tech User am I?

Here are the results of my tech user quiz from PewInternet.org :

You are an Media Mover

"If you are a Media Mover, you have a wide range of online and mobile habits, and you are bound to find or create an information nugget, such as a digital photo, and pass it on. These social exchanges are central to your use of information and communication technology. Cyberspace, as a path to personal productivity or an outlet for creativity, is less important to you.

Overall, this result is quite accurate. I do have a wide range of online and mobile habits and I do tend to use technology and cyberspace primarily for social purposes. While I of course use cyberspace and the Internet for academic purposes, I feel media/technology/cyberspace is often more of a distraction than a creative aid. Cyberspace as a "path to personal productivity" is virtually nonexistent in my life. In fact, while I enjoy using cyberspace, I feel that it actually takes away from my productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment